Photographers

This forum is for all announcements, questions, requests, issue-reporting, and anything else having to do with the Titan Website
ThumperTI
Garrison / Base: Garrison Titan
TK Number: TK-82875
Pronoun: He/Him

Forum Supporter

Website Supporter

Photographers

Post by ThumperTI »

This post is for EVERYONE who takes photos.

Now that GarrisonTitan.com is up and running...

(let's that sink in...)

You may have noticed a photo gallery page, (http://garrisontitan.com/Home/gallery/, that is just waiting to be populated with photos.

Now, there are a lot of things I'm looking for, so I'm just going to put it all here, in no specific order (unless I get a wild hair to go back and organize these later...) (Never happened!)

OLD TITAN PHOTOS:
The forums and website are in my eyes, a living document that chronicles our Garrison, from it's inception to now and beyond.
It is very important to me/us to have photos of the origins of this garrison. Daetrin, Darkside, Skithas, luthien, CarolS, Shalamar, shinchan, kiyotei, you all helped build the foundation upon which we now stand. We want photos of old troops, old afterparties. It is just as important for new members as well as old to know our history and who Titan is, and we want those photos if you will share them with us. Send me a direct message with the subject line "Titan Origins" if you'd like to contribute photos to this particular set. My only caveat to this: I'll ask that you go through and pick out the best of the best of your photos... not send me a photo dump to sift through. I want to feature the photos that matter, the photos that you're proud of.

FOUNDER PHOTOS
Darkside, I'm eyeballing you, buddy. You started this thing. We want to see this garrison through your eyes! The troops, the fun, our origin story.
DM me, let's talk.

STAR WARS CELEBRATION PHOTOS:
I know they're out there! You have them... and they're just sitting on your hard drive, wanting to be shared and shown. Please consider sharing them with us, so that members old and new can enjoy these photos and we can continue to chronicle. Send me a direct message with the subject line "Titan Celebration" if you'd like to contribute photos to this particular set. Again, my only caveat to this: I'll ask that you go through and pick out the best of the best of your photos... not send me a photo dump to sift through. I want to feature the photos that matter, the photos that you're proud of.

FIRST TROOP
We've all had our own very first troop. I want 1 photo from yours! Yes, just 1 photo, of you, in costume. Not hidden behind anyone else. Preferably a photo of you that we can see your whole costume. Please DM with the subject line "First troop" to discuss.

LAST TROOP
Stephen Sherman, I'm looking squarely at you my friend. I want it, please. If you know anyone else who is now deactivated, in good standing, please have them email gwm@garrisontitan.com and reference "Last Troop" to get more information. We want to recognize these people who are part of our history.

TROOPS
I ask that people really go through their photos, and try to pick out their 3 best photos of the bunch. Yes, 3 is not very many, but considering everyone takes a lot of photos now in this digital age, on their tablets and mobile phones... I have to limit so that I can include as much as I can

Notes:
When you send me these photos, please try to tell me what event they are from... a date would be even better

I would appreciate the photos be high definition, with the caveat that I will reduce them to a size that does not cripple the website.

Please no watermarks, unless they are small and do not impede the photo. I am considering how to find a way to give credit, either at the bottom of each photo or collectively at the bottom of the page.

Please submit photos only after speaking with me.

Also, PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME YOUR PHOTOS ON FACEBOOK. I'm not going to save photos from Facebook, and then import them here.
I need to have one process that everyone follows so that it's not a headache to do this. Please understand.

Also, I hate to say this, knowing that we have some members who are affiliated with brewing companies/liquor companies... but none of these photos can contain anything where a trooper is holding a beer, or wine glass, or any other product endorsement. I simply will not post these. The Legion has guidelines, and I'd prefer not to have to deal with anything because something slipped through... so bluntly as I can.. don't even ask. You know if the photo is acceptable or not. Don't make me the bad guy. Thanks

Understand that this project I'm undertaking is basically me throwing myself under the bus, but I do it because I can, and because I love the legion, garrison, my friends, and I want to spotlight them.

This is all I can think of right now.

There will be more, and I will update this as I think of more stuff.

Now... Send me your photos... and understand it will probably take me a while to answer the coming onslaught of DM's I'm about to receive.

Thanks,

Scott